So here’s the thing…
I know the world doesn’t need another chocolate chip cookie, but hey, why not?! I wouldn’t share it with you if it wasn’t so doggone good. I struggled with the naming this cookie because it’s a classic cookie with a few subtle surprises that any chocolate chip cookie lover would appreciate. After testing a few batches of cookies and sharing them with friends, it was clear that these cookies were far from average and super special.
A few years ago a friend of mine made chocolate chip cookies and they tasted like nothing I’d ever had before but it was everything I wanted in a cookie. Imagine if chocolate chip, peanut butter, and snickerdoodle had a baby! This cookie is the baby and if you’re into the whole chocolate chip, peanut butter, and snickerdoodle kinda thing, I think you’re in for a treat. I was unable to get the recipe from my friend; it’s a family recipe BUT I spent a few days in my kitchen developing a recipe that I think you’ll love!
Tips for the best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Like always, your butter and eggs should be room temperature.
- The butter should be softened, not melted. TIP: allow your butter to sit for 30-45 minutes before creaming
- You will want to use dark brown sugar for this cookie. Dark brown sugar really helps with achieving the chewy texture.
- When creaming the butter, sugars, and eggs, mix until you achieve a pale color and fluffy texture.
- Bake for exactly 12 minutes at 375F. The cookies will continue to bake on the cookie sheet once you take them out of the oven.